Inbound marketing is the art of reaching out to your customers where they already are. It allows individuals to find your business, rather than reaching out to a mass audience in hopes of obtaining a few new leads. Content writers from content writing services are familiar with the best inbound marketing strategies to provide businesses with the best way to reach their audience and generate more traffic and valuable leads so their business can grow. Developing this strategy is an essential first step.
Set Your Goals
The first and perhaps most important step is to set your goals for your marketing strategy. These goals will be used to measure your success and map out where you want to go. To create your list of goals, it can be useful to check out your competitors, the status of your industry and your current position in the market. To set your goals, you should:
- Hold a discovery session to brainstorm and generate ideas.
- Determine who your target audience is and what they are looking for.
- Research your industry to determine what others are doing to be successful.
Help Customers Find You
Once your goals are set, you can move on to a search engine marketing strategy. Content writing services can help you perform the necessary tasks to put your website on the front page of the search engine results. If you want to make it easier for people to find you, it is essential to:
- Perform keyword research to determine which keywords are more likely to drive more traffic.
- Use onsite SEO strategies to improve your search engine rankings.
- Create an editorial calendar that details when you should blog.
- Write blogs and post them on a regular basis, helping individuals find you.
- Employ a pay-per-click campaign to generate more valuable leads.
- Reach out to your target audience through social media sites.
Bring in the Leads
Without quality leads, you will have a more difficult time reaching out to your target audience and generating more traffic and sales. There are several ways your content writers can bring in more qualified leads that are more likely to translate into sales. Your content writing services should:
- Create premium content that appeals to readers, including eBooks, white papers, case studies and webinars.
- Build a landing page that drives traffic and obtains contact information from potential customers.
- Write compelling calls-to-action that drive readers to act upon what they read.
Draw in Customers
Leads are only worth something if those individuals turn into customers. Your inbound marketing should be designed to build a larger customer base. Some of the ways your content writers can help you find more customers include:
- Aligning your sales and marketing to ensure they work together toward a solitary end.
- Communicating with your leads on a cycle, always following up on a previous action to maintain contact.
- Nurturing leads, providing them with information on why they should choose your business.
- Automating workflow to simplify the entire process.
- Generating reports that allow you to track the success of your marketing efforts.
Retain Your Customers
Once you bring in new customers, you still need to work hard to retain them. Customers who aren’t happy with the quality of their experience are less likely to return to the same company. While closing prospects is a great accomplishment, you need to make sure you are retaining as many customers as possible. To maintain your customer base, you can:
- Provide continuing education through your content writing.
- Create segmented newsletters to target specific categories of customers.
- Implement referral programs to encourage loyal customers to recommend you to their family and friends.
Analyze Your Accounts
Analyzing your success allows you to track your marketing success. If something isn’t working, you will be able to make adjustments in an attempt to do better. You will also be able to see what is working. Effective analysis should include:
- Onsite analysis that looks at keyword performance and ranking, conversions, search engine optimization, click-through rates and more.
- Offsite analysis that looks at social media performance, paid social campaigns and paid search campaigns.
- Monthly reporting to see what tactics are working and which ones need adjustments.
An effective inbound marketing plan created by content writing services can help you boost traffic and generate more sales. Following the right steps will give your content writers the guidance they require to improve your online performance.
If you are looking for a company to help you establish a new inbound marketing plan, contact us. We can help you create and implement an effective campaign.