Online businesses run on conversions. If you’re not converting your visitors to sales, it’s important to consider adding something new to your content marketing strategy. Effective landing page design can be a valuable asset, helping you reach your target audience and encouraging them to interact with you. The best landing pages are those that are relevant to the content in which they are linked and entice more readers to fill out the form or complete another recommended action.
What Is a Landing Page?
Website content writing services often offer landing pages as part of their packages or among the options in their list of services. These pages are short, concise pages that address a specific concern or problem your audience may experience. It clearly details how your business can help them resolve that issue. The best landing pages will include a clear call-to-action at the end that tells readers exactly what you expect them to do. This can include filling out a form, downloading an eBook or any other type of action. Readers are more likely to take action when you tell them what you expect.
How Does a Landing Page Work?
Most content writing for websites is designed to provide information to readers and answer their questions. Landing page content isn’t much different, except this type of content is much shorter and to the point than blog posts and website content. The best landing pages are designed to draw in interested parties and encourage them to share valuable contact information you can then use to convert those readers into sales.
Create a Conversion Funnel
All sales tactics create a funnel to convert sales. The wider mouth covers the individuals you reach with your content marketing strategy. As you work your way down the funnel, you narrow that audience down further and further until you reach only the people who are most likely to convert into sales. The landing page allows you to reach a more targeted audience, pushing individuals further down the conversion funnel.
Track Your Marketing Success
Website content writing services can help you track your marketing success, allowing you to see how many people have viewed your landing page, as well as what percentage of those individuals entered their contact information into your form or otherwise responded to it. If you don’t use a form, you can ask readers to mention the page when they contact you. This can provide valuable information you can use to further target your content marketing strategy.
How to Make Your Landing Page More Effective
When creating your landing page content, it’s important to make sure it’s done properly to ensure a positive outcome. Before you publish your landing page and link to it in your blog posts or other marketing materials, make sure it includes:
- A Strong Headline – An effective headline will draw in more traffic and ensure more people read your landing page.
- A Unique Selling Point – It’s your job to make sure your business stands apart from your competitors. Creating a value proposition that lets readers know how you can resolve their problem will increase the chances they will convert.
- Appealing Graphics – Today’s Internet users are more visual, which means it’s important to include an attractive image on your landing page. It should directly relate to the content and be positioned to draw people in.
- A Concise List of Benefits – Bullet points are a great addition to the best landing pages. Be sure to include a short list of benefits so readers understand why you are the solution to their problems.
- A Trust Statement – It’s up to you to ensure your customers feel they can trust you. This is why it’s beneficial to include a trust statement or symbol, such as a Better Business Bureau logo or other security logo.
- A Strong Call-to-Action – Your landing page has a strong beginning, but it needs a strong ending too. Always include a call-to-action at the bottom that tells your readers what to do next.
An effective landing page design will draw in readers and increase the chances they will convert into customers. While many companies focus on content writing for their websites, many fail to consider other elements that can create a stronger content marketing strategy. When you pay careful attention to your landing pages, you will increase your web conversions and help naturally drive more sales to your website.
If you’re looking for website content writing services to help you create the best landing pages, contact us. Our experienced team can help you put together an effective landing page that generates more leads.