When defining your marketing strategies and allocating advertising dollars, it’s important to find out exactly what works for your company. And then do more of it! Marketing isn’t rocket science once you start tracking results from every penny spent on advertising.
What is Content Marketing?
One form of advertising that has gained popularity in recent years is content marketing. Consisting of numerous different forms of media, like blog writing, YouTube videos, infographics and more, content marketing is becoming a valuable asset to businesses worldwide. As the Internet continues to level the playing field for every company, the need to create content grows.
In layman’s terms, content marketing is just creating and distributing relevant, valuable information online that your potential customers want to read, watch or hear. The overall goal is to establish profitable customer actions.
Content Marketing Statistics You Need to Know
As content is a “newer” marketing approach with the advent of the Internet, many businesses are wary of investing their advertising dollars into this strategy. Even with traditional media outlets failing left and right, companies are nervous about switching things up in the digital age.
With this in mind, here are some content marketing statistics you need to know in 2016:
- Marketers or businesses prioritizing blogging are 13 times more likely to garner positive ROI from the efforts. (source)
- New buyers finish around 57% of purchasing process before talking with sales. (source)
- Companies focusing on content marketing save over $14 for every new customer acquired. (source)
- 78% of CMOs believe original content is the future of marketing. (source)
- Only 44% of B2B content marketers actually document their content strategy. (source)
- While 76% of B2C marketers claim to use content marketing, only 37% find their plan effective. (source)
- Surprisingly, the most effective content marketing for B2C businesses is from their mailing lists, or eNewsletters (61% claim these are effective). (source)
- Potential customers viewing video are 1.81X more likely to buy than non-viewers. (source)
- Nearly 70% of marketers don’t have a consistent or integrated content strategy. (source)
- Over 67% of B2B purchasers rely more on content to make B2B purchasing choices than they did a year ago. (source)
- If you’re not using content marketing, you’re already behind. 88% of B2B marketers in North America do. (source)
- Having a documented content marketing plan almost doubles chances that you’re successfully tracking ROI. (source)
Premier Content Marketing Services
The proof is in the pudding, or rather the content marketing statistics. In today’s business climate, you cannot compete without a successful marketing strategy that incorporates original, valuable content. Don’t get left behind – start incorporating a documented content marketing strategy today.
Here at iWebContent, that’s what we do. As a premier content creation service worldwide, we work hard to ensure your company’s content works for you. Data-driven and detail-oriented, the content we create for our clients is tailor-made to drive traffic, win Google page ranking wars and generate leads. Get in touch today and find out how to avoid becoming just another content marketing statistic.
Interested to learn more about content marketing and how it can generate leads? Click here for a free download of our eBook, The Definitive Guide to Lead Generation for Small Business. It’s chock full of ideas for how to put content marketing to work for you.