You work hard collaborating with content writers for websites to ensure all of your blog posts provide valuable information your readers are looking for. While simply having a blog can give you a competitive edge, without all the appropriate elements, you could find your blog isn’t generating the traffic or conversions you need. If you aren’t using a website call to action as part of your blog posts, this could be the reason for your shortcomings. Learning as much as you can about creating the best call to action will help ensure your success.
What Is a Call to Action?
A website call to action is just what the name implies; it’s a statement that tells your readers what you want them to do next. When creating your blog posts, website content writing services are likely to tell your readers to contact you for more information regarding the subject, linking either to a relevant landing page where readers can enter their contact information or to your contact page on your website. However, depending on the topic of the blog, your content writers for websites may choose a different call to action to guide your prospective customers through the buying process.
Convert Your Readers
The main purpose of including a call to action in each of your blog posts is to convert your readers into leads. A majority of the people who will read your blog posts will do so with the goal of gathering information about a specific topic. When you are the one to provide this valuable information, individuals are more likely to trust you as their resource when they need to learn more. However, if you don’t tell them what to do with that information next, you reduce the chances they will take action with your business. It’s your job to let them know why they should consider using you to satisfy their needs.
How to Write a Great Call to Action
Writing a website call to action requires some knowledge of how to write a great one. You could simply write, “Contact us” at the bottom of every blog, but this isn’t going to have an impact on your readers. They need to know why they should turn to you. The following tips will help you create a valuable call to action that gets results.
1. Use a Strong, Actionable Verb. An actionable verb is the best way to start your calls to action because it commands your readers to take action. Weaker verbs can leave your readers wondering if it’s even worth it.
2. Provoke Emotion and Enthusiasm. A great call to action gets your readers excited about your products and services. Once they are done reading it, they want to follow the instructions you’ve provided. Website content writing services can help you elicit this type of response from your readers.
3. Give Them a Reason to Act. People are less likely to take action if they don’t think anything is in it for them. For this reason, it’s important to tell your readers why following through on your website call to action will make their lives better.
4. Cater to Different Devices. Just like any other type of website content, it’s important to make sure your call to action is optimized for different devices. More people are searching the Internet with mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, making it important to create a call to action that is friendly to these devices.
5. Get Creative. Internet users are used to seeing calls to action on various websites. In some situations, this means they have learned to ignore them. The best call to action will be creative, allowing it to stand apart from the others found on your competitors’ sites, giving you the edge.
Hiring quality website content writing services can help provide valuable information to your readers. However, it’s not just about creating great blog posts that answer questions; it’s also about making sure every blog post has the appropriate elements for the best results. Learning how to create the best call to action will increase the number of click-throughs to your website and will help you improve your conversion rates.
If you’re looking for an experienced content writing service to help develop effective calls to action for your blog, contact us. We can help you write and implement a successful blog campaign.