Digital marketing is an easy way to make sales on the world wide web. In order to be successful at producing online sales, you need to intrigue your customers through online lead generation techniques. We have compiled our top 8 lead generation tactics to help your online business. We are highlighting 4 of them in this article. (Look for the next 4 lead generation techniques coming soon to this blog.)
The number one lead source for many successful online businesses has proven to be email marketing. Through contact through email, you can continuously communicate with your ideal clients.
To get the most out of your leads through email marketing, you’ll want to note the following:
- Outline your ideal customer and select a tone and voice to keep them interested in your business.
- Send your email list attractive offers that will continue to keep them coming back for more purchases.
- Create an catchy email subject line.
- Take the extra time to create an email campaign. They should end 3-months after the first welcome email
- Always add your email signature. Make sure you have your personal contact information available. You’ll also want to add your booking link for easy sales.
When choosing an email marketing software, make sure that you can check the click-through rate (also known as CTR), the open click rate, and the unsubscribe rate. These three items are essential in determining your success while creating your email marketing campaigns. You always want to strive to have a higher open rate, which indicates that your subject lines are appealing to your target audience. When you are starting to see higher CTR rates, this shows that you are successfully directing your leads to what you want them to see. If you have a high unsubscribe rate, you need to fine-tune your list or make sure that you are creating the correct emails to appeal to your audience.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO is key when trying to grow your online presence. Many don’t realize the importance that keywords bring to your website. Through selected keywords, you are able to find your perfect client. Google ranks your website based on how relevant your website’s content is to a user’s needs. If you are an authoritative page on Google, you will be ranked higher. Once you are ranked higher, most of your traffic will be organic. Keep in mind that the most sales for B2B businesses have been possible through Search Engine Optimization.
Social Media Marketing
Posting on social media helps give your online business a voice. Through that voice and brand-appropriate images you post, you’re able to appeal to your ideal market. Recent studies have found the amount of monthly active users are:
- Facebook – 2.4 billion users
- Instagram – 1 billion active users
- Twitter – 330 million users
- LinkedIn – 303 million users
Having a strategic plan for your social media accounts is essential in helping increase leads. You don’t want to just post meaningless content. In fact, it could result in a waste of your time and effort if it isn’t helping you find and interact with your target audience. Do your research on which hashtags are worth participating in and benefit your visibility in the social media world.
We have put together a list of content ideas to help make the most of your social media marketing:
- Images and graphics with your company’s watermark logo
- Blogs and articles written specifically for your company
- Custom videos
- Blogs and articles related to your company’s market
Here are some general tips for social media marketing you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Use Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube’s free “live” sessions to help interact with your audience. You can host “Live Q&A” sessions.
- Join groups that fit in your market
- Redirect Reddit/Quora users to your website
It helps to create a monthly content calendar to help you stay on top of your posts. We suggest scheduling your posts on a consistent basis. Take the extra mile to see which posting times suit you best to increase your interactions and traffic.
The most significant benefit of paid advertising is instant results, as opposed to SEO content, that can take up to months to see organic results. Once you have decided on the keywords and phrases that meet your online business, you can start to create pay per click advertising on Google, Facebook, Instagram, and just about any sites on the Internet.
Here are some great lead generation techniques that will help you get the best paid advertising results:
- Pay for social media advertising on LinkedIn Ads, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.
- Buy advertising space on websites that are similar to your business.
- Find social media influencers that can promote your products or services to their followers.
It may be hard to justify spending money on paid advertising. When you find yourself doubting your PPC strategy, remind yourself that according to the experts it’s cheaper and more effective to spend your marketing budget on online advertising than traditional print advertising.
If you are looking for lead generation ideas to boost your business, we are just the web content company to help. Our PPC, SEO and SMM experts are standing by to take your business to the next level. Contact us today!
P.S. Our next blog post will feature lead-generating techniques #5-8. Don’t miss it!